Linoleum Art Lesson
Art is often considered the greatest therapy, as well as a catalyst to balance right and left sides of the brain to make for a more balanced life. Here is a focus on that aspect with a very simple lesson in Linoleum Art to get you in touch with your creative side.
- Find a piece of well-used gold-veined linoleum…an old style, once very common.
- Get into a relaxed state in a quiet corner or room.
- Explore the area and notice what shapes and/or images stand out for you by allowing your eyes to go out of focus and letting your mind be drawn into it.
- Circle your find with a pencil and copy/scan it onto paper or into an imaging program…a simple one is MS Paint that comes with Windows.
- Add color and texture with image editing software like Photoshop, Illustrator or Corel.